As we say goodbye to 2013, I’d like to highlight my top five favorite books that came out in 2013.
5. The Clearing by Dan Newman–
One of the many things that I loved about this book was the characters. I remember thinking how real they feel. Like I think I knew a few of these characters in middle school. Characters were done so well! I also really enjoyed that this book scared me! I love books that scare me. The story is so good and the message is even better. If you haven’t read this yet, I definitely suggest you pick it up!
4. Cubeworld by Karl Olsberg – I picked this one up because it was based off the game of Minecraft and I’m so glad I did. I had, let’s be honest, still have an obsession with the game of Minecraft and I loved reading this book and being completely inside this world. The story is so good! The twists and the resolution. I had a great experience reading this book and it definitely had to be included in this list.
3. Scare Me by Richard Jay Parker – When was the last time you googled yourself? This book is the true definition of a thriller. My heart was racing throughout this entire book. Seriously scary stuff. I also really enjoyed the gruesome imagery and Parker did it incredibly well. I can’t wait for his next book, Stalk Me, coming out in 2014.
2. The One I Left Behind by Jennifer McMahon– This was the first McMahon book I read and I really enjoyed it. One of the greatest serial killer books I’ve read. I loved everything about this book – the story, the characters, and the plot twists. Definitely five stars and definitely deserves to be on this list.
1. Antigoddess by Kendare Blake– Antigoddess is the first in the Goddess War series and it certainly started with a bang! This was my most anticipated book of 2013 and it ended up being my favorite book of the year. Mythology is fun to begin with, but when you add in Kendare Blake’s writing, it can only get better. So very excited for book two!
There you have it- my top five favorite books of 2013. I started this blog in July of this year and I want to thank all of you who follow and read my blog posts. I am having so much fun blogging about books! Here’s to a happy, healthy and book-filled 2014! HAPPY NEW YEAR!